Position: In-house Contracts Attorney
Reports to: General Counsel
ContraFect is a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing therapeutic proteins and antibodies for life-threatening, drug-resistant infectious diseases, particularly those treated in hospital settings. An estimated 700,000 deaths worldwide each year are attributed to antimicrobial-resistant infections. Our lysin and monoclonal antibody platforms target conserved regions of bacteria or viruses (regions that are not prone to mutation). ContraFect's initial product candidates include new agents to treat antibiotic-resistant infections such as MRSA (methicillin resistant Staph aureus) and influenza.
An opportunity is available to grow with us in an environment that is both challenging and energetic. ContraFect is seeking self-motivated and collaborative individuals to join our team and to contribute their talent and expertise to the team. We are looking for positive individuals who will add the strength of their personality to our committed and dedicated employee base and contribute to the development of novel therapeutic agents which have the potential to change the therapeutic landscape for treating serious infections.
It is an exciting time in our Company’s history. CF-301, our lead compound, is the first and only bacteriophage-derived lysin to enter clinical development in the US, and has recently completed a global Phase 2 study. CF-301, which targets Staphylococcus aureus, including MRSA, is a member of a new class of protein-based therapeutics for the treatment of serious bacterial infections. We are using ContraFect’s technical expertise to develop biotherapeutic products for infectious diseases that have high unmet medical needs, particularly products used in hospital-based markets.
We are seeking an outstanding experienced attorney to join our Legal team. In this role, you will serve as one of the primary points of contact for General Counsel with internal and external parties in relation to contract management, contract compliance and contract discrepancies; provide support to General Counsel and other internal stakeholders in the development, negotiation, and tracking of contract documents and associated activities. Also you will serve as the primary point of contact for General Counsel with internal and external parties in relation to employment, general liability, and other legal matters.
- Lead corporate contracts function
- Independently draft, review and/or negotiate wide scope of business agreements including confidential disclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, master service agreements, service agreements, clinical trial agreements, joint development agreements, etc.
- Provide strategic advice on commercial transactional matters
- Assist with development, implementation and improvement of systems to support the contract lifecycle management process
- Assist in business development due diligence
- Strong contracts experience: minimum 5 years in-house international commercial contracts/corporate transactional experience (specifically, ex-US clinical trial agreement experience) in a pharma/life-sciences company
- Organized and detail oriented; successfully able to manage and prioritize multiple projects within short time frames
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (including sense of humor) and the ability to work well, and respectfully, in a team setting
- High degree of creativity and initiative
- Results orientedwhile achieving results with speed and excellence, eliminating unnecessary work, adding value to the organization by motivating others to action, and holding self and others accountable
- Sound legal and business judgment
- JD degree; member in good standing of NYS Bar
Respect. People matter.
Patient- Focus. Act with urgency and passion to save lives.
Leadership. Set high standards, and empower others to do the same.
Innovation. Challenge the status quo to deliver solutions.
Collaboration. Work together to achieve our vision.
Quality. Strive for excellence in all that we do.
Integrity. Courage to be honest, ethical, and transparent.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
No phone calls, please.
ContraFect Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and welcome applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
Please fill out the form below to submit your resume